Friday, February 26, 2010

Sassy & Saucy BBQ Chicken

When I was doing my Weight Watchers program back in 2002 after my son was born, there was always great recipes that were easy to make. This is one that most people have all the ingredients for already. I loved it because it's easy to make, it's pretty cheap, and supposedly it's healthy for you, lol.

Ingredients:

1 cup of either BBQ sauce or Ketchup
1 cup of Pepsi/Coke/7-up/Sprite (I used to use diet to keep my calories low)
6-10 Chicken Strips
***If using Ketchup, you will need the following:
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

Cook chicken pieces and mix all ingredients together in pan until chicken is done. Take the chicken out and let the sauce boil down to a thicker texture. Once it's thickened, add the chicken back to the sauce to coat.

This tastes great with a side of stuffing too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to your recipe submission and review :o)