Monday, February 22, 2010

Greek Garden Salad

From my days of working at the grocery store in the salad bar, this recipe is theirs - and I absolutely LOVED it, and didn't want to pay the money to buy it from them, so make it at home now. It's YUMMY!

Ingredients:

5 Vine Ripe Tomatoes (I like to dice mine)
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1 english cucumber sliced & quartered
Feta Cheese (to your taste - I love lots, others like a little)
Oregano (again - to your taste, I like a little, some like a lot)

Directions:

Dice tomatoes, slice onion, slice & quarter cucumber, crumble feta cheese, and sprinkle on the oregano all in the same bowl. Mix together, and either serve immediately or let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavours all blend together. I find that the longer I let it sit, the more tomatoe juice collects at the bottom mixing with the feta, cucumber, onion, and oregano flavour so it's kind of it's own dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to your recipe submission and review :o)