Friday, February 26, 2010

Aunt Cheryl's Avocado Salsa

1 16 oz. package of thawed frozen corn
2 2¼ oz. cans of sliced ripe olives
1 medium chopped sweet red pepper
1 small chopped red onion
Mix all above Corn Mixture

Mix the following and pour on the Corn Mixture and stir.
1/3 cup of olive or vegetable oil
5 minced garlic cloves
¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons of cider or white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of dried oregano

Refrigerate over night.

Before serving -
slice 4 medium avocados into bite-size pieces and stir the pieces into the salsa.

I have made this many times and it is always the first thing to go. Yummy.

1 comment:

  1. This was given to me by my husband's Aunt. She made it at a family gathering and everyone and I mean everyone loved it. It is a hit everytime I take it somewhere. I hope that you enjoy it. I like how you prepare most of it in advance and only throw the avocado in at the end. Perfect for a gathering with friends and family. Oh and my May 08 baby loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to your recipe submission and review :o)