Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Shake 'N Bake - An I Helped! Flax Chicken

Went out and bought some flax meal last night to up my fibre count...I figure it can't hurt. So, I couldn't fit it all into the ziploc bag I put into the fridge, so left some out. Decided I wanted to do something with it, and this evening I figured it out! I made FLAX Drumsticks! They are VERY tastey, and I'm actually eating them right now as I type.

Ingredients:

10 drumsticks (or equivalent wings)
1/4 cup flax meal (that's ground up flax so it's not the seeds)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp Chicken seasoning (I buy Club House...I'm sure there are many different varieties, and quite honestly this would probably be fine with just salt and pepper, or any other spices you want with it)

Directions:

Place all dry ingredients into a large ziplog bag. Shake it around a bit with the bag closed to mix all ingredients. Place 5 chicken legs (or wings) into the bag, and shake around like you would Shake 'n Bake. Then you can line them on a greased cookie sheet, and do it again with the other 5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, and VOILA!

I have paired this with some Lipton's sidekicks pasta for my husband, and I'm just eating a side salad with it. Can pretty much go with anything. When my husband ate his, he told me it was almost like eating fried chicken. I'll take that compliment anyday!

It's also gluten-free, so I can feed this to my Daddy! YUM!! Time to go finish my meal now, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to your recipe submission and review :o)