Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Muffin In A Minute

So I'm on this low-carb kick. I have been since the beginning of August '09. To date I've lost 75 lbs, so I must be doing something right, right? Anyway - I just found this super awesome recipe for a single serving of muffin, and I ate one this morning and it was DELICIOUS! Seriously, it had the consistency of a real muffin, and it was pretty darn good too!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder (the original recipe called for cinnamon)
1 tsp splenda (or if you aren't low-carbing it, just real sugar)
1 large egg
1 tsp melted butter

Directions:

Mix all dry ingredients in a coffee cup, then stir in egg and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and VOILA! Muffin in a Minute :o) It makes a great breakfast because it cooks so quickly. I sliced it in half and buttered both sides.

Make sure you soak the coffee cup afterward though...it will get a bit crusty if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to your recipe submission and review :o)