Thursday, April 15, 2010

Coney Island Chili Dog Pie

Here's another from my low-carb website that I visit quite often for recipes...

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/coney_island_chilidog_pie.html

I've perverted it slightly...

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
1 diced onion
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tbsp mustard (straight from the plastic container)
Dash of hot sauce
1 can tomatoe sauce
1 package hot dogs (I buy the chicken dogs because they are always on sale for less then a dollar, otherwise any kind you get is fine)
2 eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use miracle whip)
1/4 cup cream (or whipping cream depending on where you live)
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Brown the hamburger and onion; drain fat. Stir in the seasonings, mustard, hot sauce, tomato sauce and sliced hot dogs. Spread in a greased large pie plate; stir in half of the cheese. Beat the eggs well; whisk in the mayonnaise then the cream. Beat well until smooth. Stir in the remaining cheese. Pour over the meat mixture and spread evenly. Bake at 350ยบ 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

My husband loves this - pair it with a salad, and it's a well balanced meal!!

1 comment:

  1. This is delicious. I am eating it right now as I type.
    Thanks for the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! We look forward to your recipe submission and review :o)